You can do it two ways ; with the comfort itself ( obviously ) or with the PlayStation app on your smartphone or tablet .
here, we ‘ll look at deleting games from your PS5 M.2 SSD, using the PlayStation app.
Why Would You Need to Use the PlayStation App to Delete Games?
On the side of it, this might seem like a act of a non-feature. however, it is incredibly useful, specially if you ‘re the type who likes to play new purchases a soon as you possibly can .
MAKEUSEOF VIDEO OF THE DAY
Imagine you ‘ve maxed out your M.2 SSD ‘s memory capacity. You check your PlayStation app at work and you realize a game you added to your PlayStation wishlist is half price. You buy the championship, intending to play it when you get home. But when you check your storage, it is full, so you ca n’t presently remotely download the game via the PlayStation app .
Do n’t worry, good delete an old game, or one you do n’t play a lot, and create some space. hera are the steps you need to follow .
Related : How to Wishlist Games With the PlayStation App
Delete Games from Your PS5 M.2 With the PlayStation App
Deleting games with the smartphone app is slowly. obviously, you ‘ll need the PlayStation app on your smartphone first, therefore grab that if you do n’t have it already, then follow these steps .
- Ensure your PS5 is in Rest Mode. This is a very important step. Your PS5 needs to be in Rest Mode before you can delete any game files from the M.2. It won’t perform the operation until you put it into Rest Mode. 3 Images
- Launch your PlayStation app on your phone or tablet.
- Tap Settings (the cog symbol near the top right of the screen)
- Tap Storage to see your PS5’s storage options.
- Your app will default to displaying the Console Storage page. Tap M.2 SSD. 3 Images
- Select the game or games you’d like to delete by ticking the circular check-box to the right of the title. Helpfully, it displays the file size next to each game, so you know how many games you need to delete to make space for a new one.
- A prompt will appear at the bottom of the screen that states Delete [X] Game[s]. Tap that.
- The app will ask you “Are you sure you want to delete?” Tap Delete.
- The games you selected will now disappear from your M.2 SSD.
With the extra distance on your M.2 SSD, you can now download that game on your wishlist .
Related : How to Add an M.2 SSD to Your PS5 : A Step-by-Step Guide
What If You Delete a Game By Mistake?
If you ‘ve by chance deleted a game by mistake ( possibly you tapped the wrong checkbox or something ) then do n’t worry, you can easily get it back. You can do this from the app arsenic well, so you do n’t have to spend the perch of the day at work in a blind panic because you deleted your front-runner game .
All you need to do is head to Game Library at the bottom of the home page on the PlayStation app. Find the plot you unintentionally deleted, and tap the thumbnail. It will open the list on the app-based PlayStation Store and you just need to tap Download to Console, ensuring that your PS5 is the yoke console underneath .
Your game will be binding on your console table in moments. Your save data will remain intact even if you delete a game ( you ‘d need to delete save data manually ) then deleting the game itself wo n’t affect your advancement. You ‘ll be able to jump straight back in .
Now You Can Delete PS5 M.2 SSD Games With the PlayStation App
As you can see, it is n’t an arduous process, and deleting games this way can be commodious if you ‘re heading to the PS5 the moment you step through the doorway. Having extendible memory is a significant feature of the PS5, and you should get to know all the benefits of using this aspect of your cabinet .