Super Bowl LVI championship game on February 13, 2022. Los Angeles Rams vs. Cincinnati Bengals. … [ + ] Editorial 3D translate
HTGanzo – stock.adobe.com
For many of us, the Super Bowl is a celebration of football, leading half-time shows, greasy food and star-studded commercials ; but because I am who I am ( which is a finance nerd ) the Super Bowl is a fascinate fiscal spectacle. If you ’ rhenium concern in finance, the Super Bowl is to money as the Met Gala is to fashion .
Reading: How Much Money Is In The Super Bowl?
therefore let ‘s follow that money trail, shall we ? And to take us on this travel, I ‘m giving you my $uper Bowl Trivia. Let ’ s get started .
1. How much money will the NFL gain during today’s game?
While this particular number international relations and security network ’ t public, it ’ mho estimated that on Super Bowl Sunday, the NFL makes tens of millions of dollars from advertisers, sponsors, television receiver partners, commercials, ticket sales and more .
2. Here’s one I know you’ve been asking yourself: in 2021, how much did it cost advertisers to secure a 30 second commercial during the Super Bowl?
5.6 million dollars. That ‘s about $ 187k per second. Wowza .
3. How much money— in total— did advertisers spend on Super Bowl ads in 2021?
485 million dollars. double wowza .
4. How much money did people spend gambling on the outcome of the 2021 Super Bowl?
The American Gaming Association estimated that 4.3 billion dollars last year was bet on the Super Bowl. With sports betting now legal in New York, I am certain that number will be much, much higher this year .
5. Moving onto the people who are working this weekend: last year, how much money did the players on the winning team earn for playing in the Super Bowl (not including endorsements)?
$ 112,000 for the bet on .
6. How much did the losing team make?
$ 56,000 for the plot ( in other words, precisely one-half of what the winning team won ) .
7. How much are Super Bowl halftime performers paid?
$ 0. Isn ’ metric ton that surprising ?
Read more: Mike Krzyzewski Net Worth
While the NFL covers transportation and production costs for the halftime picture, the performers do not make any money. so Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Mary J. Blige, and Kendrick Lamar ? All working for free this weekend. While it may not make much of a deviation to Dr. Dre if he doesn ’ t make any money this weekend, it ‘s not good the marquee names that are n’t getting paid ; their dancers aren ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate getting paid either. Or, at least, that ’ randomness been historically true. This year, performers have spoken out and as of correct immediately, will be able to make minimum wage while performing for the Super Bowl— but degree centigrade ’ monday, Super Bowl performers are making $ 15/hour while companies are paying over $ 5 million to advertise in the read that those performers are performing in ? ! Do better .
game on !