What to Know
- Using your Quest, press the Oculus button, and navigate to Settings > About > Install Updates.
- Using the phone app, navigate to settings > your Quest > more settings > advanced settings, and turn on automatic updates.
- If your Quest doesn’t have any update options, that means it’s just designed to update automatically.
This article explains how to update your Meta ( Oculus ) Quest or Oculus Quest 2 virtual reality headset .
How to Update Quest and Quest 2
Meta ( Oculus ) Quest is designed to update itself using its built-in Wi-Fi connection, but that doesn ’ t mean the process always works as intended. If you suspect that your headset is out of date, you can check for updates and force an facility any meter you want .
You will need to wear the Quest headset to perform this procedure. Either read the procedure in its entirety ahead of time or get person to read the instructions to you. here ’ s how to check for updates on Quest and install them if necessary :
- Press the Oculus button on the right accountant to open the menu stripe .
Select the gear icon (settings) located at the right end of the menu legal profession .
Aim the right pointer at the Settings column, and use the thumbstick to scroll the settings menu .
Select About .
Select Download, Install, or Install Update .
If you see No Updates Available on a gray background rather of a aristocratic install or download button, that means your Quest is already up to date .
How to Turn on Automatic Updates for Meta ( Oculus ) Quest and Quest 2
If you prefer to receive your updates automatically and you ’ ra tired of performing manual updates, you can turn on automatic updates in the Oculus app on your earphone. When you turn this setting on, the Quest headset will mechanically download and install the updates angstrom soon as they ’ re released .
This setting international relations and security network ’ triiodothyronine available for all headsets. If you don ’ metric ton see this choice in your app, updates are automatic by default. Contact customer patronize if you require more data.
Read more: How to Make Money Faster in GTA 5
hera ’ s how to turn on, or off, automatic updates for Quest :
- Open the Oculus app on your earphone, and tapdance Settings .
- Tap the headset that you want to update .
Tap More Settings .
- Tap Advanced Settings .
Tap Update Software Automatically .
If the skidder is switched to the right with a gloomy barroom visible to the leave, automatic updates are on .
What if My Quest Won ’ thymine Update ?
If you ’ re missing an update, then turning on automatic rifle updates or manually forcing one will normally fix the trouble. If you find that you don ’ t have the option to do a manual update or turn on automatic rifle updates, you may need to contact Meta for farther confirm. These options are missing from some headsets with no official explanation .
here are some things you can try if your Meta ( Oculus ) Quest won ’ triiodothyronine update :
- Plug your Quest or Quest 2 in: If you’re stuck on the initial update, a low level of charge is often the problem. Make sure you’re using the charger that came with the headset or compatible alternative.
- Charge the headset: Plugging the headset in may not be enough. If it doesn’t fix the problem, let the headset charge for at least 30 minutes and see if the update works.
- Reboot your headset: When an update fails or gets stuck, rebooting the headset will often allow the update to finish.
- Check your Wi-Fi network: Make sure that the Quest is connected to a valid, functioning Wi-Fi network. Verify that it has the correct password and that the headset is close enough to the router for a solid connection.
- Factory reset your headset: As a last resort, perform a factory reset on your Oculus Quest or Oculus Quest 2. A reset will remove all data, including save data, and return the headset to its factory original state. Make sure it’s charged up, and it should update to the latest firmware when you set it up.