How to reset PS4 controller?
- First turn off your console. The Reset button is located in a tiny hole at the back of the controller near the L2 button.
- Using a paperclip, press and hold the Reset button for a few seconds. This should be enough to reset your controller.
- The next step is to once again pair your controller with your device. Simply connect the controller using the USB cable provided and then turn on your PS4 and proceed with the pairing procedure.
How to fix a flashing white light on PS4 controller?
If you are experiencing this trouble, this may be due to a gloomy battery horizontal surface or an unsuccessful joining to the comfort. here ‘s what to do to fix this exit :
- Restart your PlaysStation 4.
- Charge your DualShock 4.
- Test the USB cable – plug your controller into the console with another cable.
- Reset your DualShock 4: there is a tiny hole on the back of the controller (near L2). Press and hold with a sim card opener (or with a similar item) for 5 seconds. You can then reconnect your controller.
- Test your PS4: launch the console in Safe mode, connect your controller with a USB cable, and press the PS button.
How to fix a PS4 controller that doesn’t work in games?
If your DualShock 4 make in the PlayStation menu but not when playing a game, try the succeed :
- Shake your controller – you can even smack it against your hand. However, keep it calm and avoid any damage – our team is not responsible for any damage.
- Open and clean your controller. There may be a button that is stuck. To check if this is your case, plug your controller into your PC, then go to Start > Devices and printers. From there, right-click on your controller and select Device settings. From there, select Device properties and follow the test button menu. After this is done, you can disconnect your controller and proceed to clean it, if there is a stuck button. However, if your controller is still under guarantee, we recommend claiming it rather than trying to repair it yourself.
- Hard reset your controller.
- Restore the default settings on your PS4 (this may cause data loss).
- Turn off your console, plug your controller into the PS4 with a USB cable, and then turn it on again with your controller
How to fix a PS4 controller that doesn’t work on PC?
There may be several reasons for a DualShock 4 to be unresponsive on a personal computer :
- The battery is dead: try charging your controller.
- USB cable is damaged: if you’re using a USB cable, try using another one.
- The PS4: the problem may be due to the PS4 connectivity. Try rebooting your console.
- The controller needs a reset: a hard reset may fix the problem.
- Bluetooth pairing: try turning off, then on again your PC’s Bluetooth. Once this is done, pair it again with your controller. Also, make sure that your console is turned off so there is no signal interference.
- Drivers: make sure all your PC’s drivers are up to date.
- Clean your controller: however, we recommend checking if you can still claim the controller’s guarantee. If this is the case, we recommend doing so. If you choose to open or repair your controller at home, it will lose its warranty.
How to fix a PS4 controller that isn’t responding to PS4?
There are diverse reasons this may occur. here are most of them and how to overcome them :
- The PS4 needs a reset: reboot your console.
- The DualShock 4 controller needs a reset: reset it through the little hole on the back, near L2.
- Bluetooth problem: try pairing your controller again.
- A stuck button: test your controller on your PC – see how in the How to fix a PS4 controller that doesn’t work in games section. If this is the problem, we recommend contacting Sony for support, rather than repairing the controller at home – this will cancel the guarantee.
- Low battery: you may need to charge your controller.
- USB problem: try connecting your controller to the PS4 with a different USB cable.
How to fix a PS4 controller that doesn’t work in apps?
If your DualShock 4 restrainer doesn’t make when you launch an app but it works in the PlayStation menu, we recommend referring to the How to fix a PS4 controller that doesn’t work in games part of the give article : the like reasons and solutions apply to this situation arsenic well.
How to fix a PS4 controller that won’t connect in safe mode?
If your control does n’t connect to the comfort when in dependable modality, this is most probable due to a USB cable. We recommend using the original one because not all USB cables support the same functions ( could be charge-only, for exemplar ), so even if the one you are using seems to work absolutely all right for other devices, this may not be the character for PS4 ‘s safe manner. If you do n’t have your original cable, then you can try unlike ones you have at home until you find one that works.
Read more: Clothing in GTA Online/Pants
Another possible explanation is that the USB port is damaged and needs to be repaired – in this event, we recommend contacting Sony .
You have more questions about gaming ? Ask our forum !