What to Know
- Download in Rest Mode: Settings > Power Save Settings > Set Functions Available in Rest Mode > Stay Connected to the Internet .
- Switch DNS: Settings > Set Up Internet Connection > Use Wi-Fi > Custom > Automatic > Do Not Specify > Manual > enter IP address.
- Use a proxy server: Settings > Network > Set Up Internet Connection > Use Wi-FI > Custom > Router > Automatic or Do Not Specify > Server’s IP and port number.
This article explains how to speed up downloads on PlayStation 4 by downloading in Rest Mode, switching the DNS, and using a proxy waiter. It besides includes simple tips to increase download focal ratio on all versions of the PlayStation 4, including the PS4 Pro and PS4 Slim exemplary .
Simple Ways to Increase PS4 Downloads Speed
How fast your PS4 can download games, movies, and other software depends largely on your internet connection. That said, here are some basic best practices to abide by to speed up your PS4 download :
Reading: How to Make Your PS4 Download Faster
- Download one thing at a time: Avoid downloading multiple items simultaneously.
- Don’t play online during downloads: It will slow down both your game and the download.
- Pause and Resume: If your download seems stuck at a certain percentage, try pausing and resuming the download to see if that fixes it.
- Install the latest version of the PS4 system software: You should automatically be prompted to download PS4 system updates when they become available, but if you somehow missed an update, you can get it by navigating to Settings > System Software Update.
How to Download in Rest Mode
One of the best ways to relieve the burden of waiting for a download is to let it run while your PlayStation 4 is in Rest Mode. Rest Mode is a low-power state in which the console table is off, but some functions ( like charging controllers and peripherals via USB ) can inactive run .
here ‘s how to tell your PlayStation 4 to finish downloads when you are n’t using it .
From your main dashboard with all of your games, scroll up and to the right and select the toolbox picture to open the Settings .
Select Power Save Settings .
Choose Set Functions Available in Rest Mode .
Check the box next to Stay Connected to the Internet so your console table can continue downloading while at rest .
Optimizing Your Internet Settings for Faster PS4 Downloads
Slow PS4 downloads are normally caused by poor internet connections rather than problems with the console table itself. Internet issues can stem from malfunctioning hardware or the limitations set by your internet supplier. Depending on your internet plan, you may be limited in how much data you can download at once. If you notice your internet is chronically slowly, consider upgrading to a better plan or switching providers .
Your modem and router besides have limitations on how much data they can handle at once. even if you ‘re paying for a top tier internet plan, you can only fully utilize it if your hardware is capable of supporting it. You can check with your internet supplier to make certain you have the right equipment for your internet package .
Optimizing your internet and Wi-Fi settings does n’t just mean paying for flying internet ; there are several exempt tricks you can try to improve the efficiency of your connection :
- Router location: Determine the best place for your wireless router. It should be in a central location with no nearby obstructions.
- Download when no one else is using the internet: A crowded Wi-Fi network can slow down your PS4 downloads, so if another user is downloading something at the same time, both downloads will suffer.
- Circumvent the router: To get around Wi-Fi issues, you can connect your PS4 directly to your modem via an Ethernet cable for faster downloads.
Switching DNS Servers for Faster PS4 Downloads
Adjusting your comfort ‘s DNS settings is an effective way to speed up PS4 downloads. DNS servers translate human-friendly web addresses into IP addresses, which is why they ‘re called the telephone books of the internet. To switch DNS servers :
- open Settings .
Select Network .
open Set Up Internet Connection .
blue-ribbon Use Wi-Fi if your comfort is connected to a wireless network, or choose Use a LAN Cable if your console is connected directly to your modem .
Select Custom to change your DNS settings .
If you ‘re using a Wi-Fi net, you ‘ll be asked to choose your network from a list .
You should now be on the IP Address Settings screen. Select Automatic .
Choose Do Not Specify .
Read more: How To Mod GTA 5 Xbox One? – Wealth Quint
Select Manual to immediately edit your DNS IP addresses .
You ‘ll be prompted to enter primary and secondary coil IP addresses for your DNS server of option. Either of these options should give you a significant hike over the default settings :
- Google: 126.96.36.199 (Primary); 188.8.131.52 (Secondary)
- OpenDNS: 184.108.40.206 (Primary); 220.127.116.11 (Secondary)
You can experiment with different DNS servers to see which one works best for your placement.
once finished, blue-ribbon Next at the bottom of the screen to move on to your MTU settings .
On the following screen, choice Automatic .
Do not try to lower your console ‘s default option MTU count. This solution no longer increases the amphetamine of PS4 downloads .
From the Proxy Servers page, choose Do Not Use .
On the following screen, blue-ribbon Test Internet Connection to see if your download speeds have improved .
Results can differ between tests, therefore run a few to get a closer idea of how fast your connection is .
Speed Up PS4 Downloads With a Proxy Server
If you ‘re placid restless with the speed of your PS4 download, you can set up a proxy server on your laptop or desktop computer to aid the march .
- download and install the proxy waiter software on your calculator. Windows users can try CCProxy for complimentary ; Mac users can try SquidMan .
- Launch your proxy server and obtain its IP and port numbers. If you ‘re using CCProxy, this data can be found in the options menu .
- Set up a new internet connection on your PS4. Navigate to Settings > Network > Set Up Internet Connection > Use Wi-FI > Custom, then select your router .
- Select either Automatic or Do Not Specify for everything until you reach the Proxy Server page .
- figure your proxy server ‘s IP and port phone number .
- Your PS4 will now use your calculator as a proxy server, which should result in faster downloads .
With this frame-up, your PS4 will merely be able to connect to the internet via your proxy server. therefore, you may want to reconfigure your settings when you ‘re done downloading big files .
How do you fix slow Wi-Fi on PS4?
To specify dense Wi-Fi on PS4, move the router close to the console or use an Ethernet cable. You can besides try rebooting the modem and router, disabling PS4 Remote Play, and using a 5 GHz network.
How do you pause a download on PS4?
To pause a PS4 download, from the home screen weigh Up and go to Notifications > Downloads. Choose the download, then press X on the control to pause it.
How do you update games on PS4?
To update PS4 games, highlight the title in your library and bid the Options button > Check for Update. To enable automatic updates, go to Settings > System > Automatic Downloads and turn on Application Update Files.