How to fix your PS3 disc reader?
Clean Your Disc
It may seem obvious, but one of the most coarse reasons for a console table ‘s inability to read a disk is disc damage .
- Check both sides of your disc to make sure that it is not scratched or damaged, and then clean your disc carefully using a microfibre cloth.
- Once that is done, reinsert your disc into the console and attempt to launch it again.
Another common trouble with disk recognition is having your cabinet set to an alternate region. Different disk formats may not be recognized by your PS3 .
- Launch your PlayStation 3, and head to Settings > System Settings > Default Settings.
- Verify that your region is correctly set and that it is compatible with the disc that you’re trying to play.
Troubleshoot your PS3
If the above methods do n’t work, you can besides try troubleshooting your device :
Read more: How to Burn PS3 Games
- Remove any disk from the drive, and put the device in standby mode. A red LED light will indicate the state of your device.
- Next, press and hold the On/Off button until you hear two beeps, followed by a double-beep.
- If you do not hear a double-beep, repeat the process. If done correctly, your device should launch to a menu. Choose the third option, and follow the procedure to reset your device.
If you are certain that your discs are n’t damaged and the problem occurred after an update, then we recommend trying the come :
- Hold down the power button until the PS3 turns on and then off again.
- Next, press with your finger so you hear 2 consecutive beeps. Take off your finger.
- Plugin your controller (with the USB cable) and press the PS button.
- When the Recovery menu opens.
- Select System update.
- Apply the to the firmware.
- If there is nothing to apply, download it from the official PlayStation website. Upload it on a USB, plug it into your PS3, and then go through the described process again.
How do I fix my PS3 not reading discs and ejecting sound?
If you are encountering this trouble, then you can try some of the follow solutions :
Read more: How To Mod GTA 5 Xbox One? – Wealth Quint
- When you insert the disc, pick up the front of the PS3 and tilt it backward.
- Clean the inside of your PS3 – with time, it can get very dusty.
- Unscrew and change the drive.
- Clean the laser lens.
- Change the laser lens.
You can find respective tutorials on the Internet for each of the solutions above. successor parts are normally available second-hand .
You have more questions about your PS3 ? Ask our forum !