The commodity news is that there are multiple ways to delete games from your PlayStation, and it takes future to no time at all to do this. If you have a newfangled game you can ’ thyroxine expect to play but no difficult driveway space left to dedicate to it, here ’ s how to get rid of memory clutter .
table of Contents
How To Uninstall Games On PS4
The basic way of removing a game is to do thus from the main menu. After you ’ ve booted up your PlayStation 4 and logged in to your profile, scroll through your home screen to the game you want to remove.
Reading: How to Uninstall Games on PS4
- Select the game and press the Options button on your PlayStation 4 controller.
- Select Delete.
- A warning screen will appear warning that the application will be deleted, but can be re-downloaded from your library. Select OK.
- After a moment, the game will be deleted from your drive.
That ’ s all you have to do. Depending on the size of the plot, you might need to restart your PlayStation 4 to completely remove it. This is the easiest method for clearing a game from your drive, but it ’ sulfur best used for titles you play frequently enough that they have a set on your home screen door .
If you need to clear a bet on off your system that you rarely play, you can do thus from your library .
How To Uninstall a Game From Your PS4 Library
Your library lists every bet on you have access to, even if it isn ’ triiodothyronine installed on your PS4. It ’ s an easy way to get an overview of your system.
- From the main menu, scroll to the right and select Start. It will read Library to the right of the icon.
- Scroll down until you are on the Games tab under the This PS4 heading. It will show you all currently installed games on your PlayStation.
- Select the game you want to delete from the list and press the Options button on your PS4 controller, then select Delete.
- You will see a confirmation screen asking if you’re sure. Select OK.
After selecting OK, the bet on will be removed from your PlayStation 4. It ’ s an easy summons for when you need to free some space .
How To Uninstall a PlayStation 4 Game From System Storage
possibly you haven ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate played your PlayStation in a while, and you ’ re coming back after a long hiatus. You might not have a specific game to remove in mind, but you just need to free up the most quad possible. System storage can show you precisely which applications demand the most capacity .
- From the main menu, scroll up and over and select Settings.
- Scroll down the list and select Storage.
- Select System Storage. If you have an external drive connected, you can also select that to see the breakdown of game sizes.
- Select Applications.
- This will display a list of all games and applications currently installed on your PlayStation 4. You can press Options > Sort by > Size to see them listed from largest to smallest.
- Select the game you want to delete and the press Options > Delete.
- You can select one or more games at a time. After you have chosen the games you want to delete, select Delete.
- A warning screen will appear. Select OK.
This is the best method acting for deleting multiple titles from your PlayStation 4 at one time. If you tend to download a crowd of free games to try them out, you may need to do a bite of housekeeping to keep your drive free of clutter .
Uninstalling games and deleting them is the same matter on the PlayStation 4. You can clear a game off your drive, only to reinstall it later if you decide to play it again. There ’ randomness no actual gamble to deleting a game, provided you have the license to play it ( and it ’ s still available on the PlayStation store for download. )
You might want to take the clock to upload any save data to the cloud before you delete a game, though. While many titles have automatic uploads enabled by nonpayment, not all do. The serve is simple, though .
- Select the game you’re going to delete and press the Options button on your PlayStation 4 controller, then select Upload/Download Saved Data.
- Select the save data you want to upload, or just select Upload All.
- If any saved data is already uploaded, you may be prompted to overwrite the information. Verify that your save is more recent, and then select Yes.
following time you decide to download and play the game, you can precisely access your saved data from the cloud and download it back to your PlayStation 4. If you upgrade to a new console, this saved data carries over from PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5 .