Windows 11 April 2022 update fixes american samoa many as 119 vulnerabilities ( we ’ rhenium not taking Microsoft Edge into explanation ). Out of these many security issues, 47 are under “ Elevation of Privilege ”, another 47 are distant Code Execution vulnerabilities and there is 9 Denial of Service vulnerabilities .
10 security issues are considered ‘ Critical ’ as they can be exploited to run code remotely on affect devices. In addition to the aforesaid issues, the company has besides fixed 13 Information disclosures, 3 Spoofing, and 26 issues in Microsoft Edge. Microsoft is mindful of three zero-day vulnerabilities, according to official secrete notes .
To install the April 2022 cumulative updates on Windows 10, use these steps :
- Open Windows Settings in Windows 10.
- Click on Updates & Security.
- Click on “Windows Update“.
- Select “Check for updates“.
- Click on “Restart now” to complete the installation.
April 2022 Update is based on the original interpretation 2004 of Windows 10 and it can be installed on all versions released after v2004. however, the human body rewrite number would be different for all versions. For case, if you ’ re on November 2021 Update, you will receive bUild 19044.1645. Likewise, if you ’ re on May 2021 Update, you will get Build 19043.1645 .
While the build total is different, the changelog is the same for all Windows 10 versions receiving the update nowadays. This is because the company stopped treating newly Windows 10 releases as major releases since the launch of translation 2004 in May 2020. Windows 10 version 21H2, version 21H1 or 20H2 are all built on top of version 2004 .
Windows 10 April 2022 accumulative updates :
- KB5012653 (Build 10240.19265) for version 1507.
- KB5012596 (Build 14393.5066) for version 1607.
- KB5012647 (Build 17763.2803) for version 1809.
- KB5012591 (Build 18363.2212) for version 1909.
- KB5012599 (Build 19042.1645, 19042.1645, 19043.1645, and 19044.1645) for v2004, 20H2, v21H1, 21H2.
Windows 10 April 2022 cumulative updates overview
Windows 10 Patch Tuesday ( April 2022 ) releases comes with a few newfangled features, including a newfangled research highlights feature .
Microsoft ’ s new ‘ search highlights ’ feature aims to make the Windows Search home page interest and engaging. As the name suggests, search highlights will show message related to your interests, trending topics on Bing, the subject of the sidereal day or facts related to the current date .
The search highlights will show things like Earth Day information associated with a search, ampere well as Bing features like “ parole of the day ”. Likewise, you can besides access and learn more about Microsoft Rewards offers, according to Microsoft officials .
While the have may appear more consumer-centric, Microsoft says it can display results related to the arrangement if a exploiter is signed in with a employment or school account. When you use a workplace explanation, Search will show updates from your organization and suggest people, synced or linked files, and more .
Search feature requires Windows 10 ’ sulfur April update or newer and it ’ s a phase rollout then installing the update won ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate be enough. There ’ second no demand spill date specified in the unblock notes, but the officials said it will happen over the hail weeks.
On the Windows 11 side, the feature has been released as share of KB5012592 .
besides, a microbe has been fixed where Windows Search Indexer ( searchindexer.exe ) could block research results in the Outlook app .
Build 19044.1645 for Windows 10 version 21H2
Windows 10 version 21H2 is getting Build 19044.1645 ( KB5012599 ) and it comes with the watch changes :
- A new way to change the colour of buttons that appear within notifications toast. This can help users identify success and critical scenarios more easily, but it obviously works for apps that use Windows notifications in the OS instead of their own implementation.
- This feature makes notifications more visually compact.
- You can now expand an app’s top three notifications by default in the Action Center.
- A bug has been fixed where Group Policy Service could stop processing telemetry information for Group Policy Registry Preferences.
- Microsoft has fixed an issue that might prevent a DNS Server query resolution policy from working.
- Microsoft has fixed an issue that prevents the User Account Control (UAC) dialog from detecting apps that requires the privilege.
- Fixed an issue preventing Android s from signing in to some Microsoft apps, such as Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Teams.
Windows 10 version 1909, 20H2 support ending
In a bulletin, Microsoft has confirmed that patronize for Windows 10 version 1909 and Windows 10 version 20H2 ( all editions ) will end in May 2022, and users are required to install a raw support version arsenic soon as potential .
The end of life is on May 10, and Microsoft explained both versions of Windows 10 will remain exposed to electric potential attacks after the conclusion of serve .
“ After that date, devices running these editions will no longer receive monthly security and quality updates containing protections from the latest security threats, ” Microsoft noted in the warn .
If you don ’ thymine update the device on your own, Microsoft will start to mechanically update unsupported devices to version 21H2 or newer .
This keeps your device supported and receiving monthly updates that are critical to security system and ecosystem health, Microsoft said .
Windows 11 remains the caller ’ s crown priority, but Microsoft has confirmed that it intends to support the OS with security system patches and updates until October 2025 .
Windows 11’s April 2022 Update
As mentioned at the beginning, Patch Tuesday means an update for all supported Microsoft products and this includes Windows 11 excessively.
Microsoft has besides published an identical update for Windows 11 with a draw of changes, including a repair for an issue that made it difficult for users to switch between Edge and other browsers .
additionally, Microsoft has besides enabled new search interface for those on Windows 11 .