- When is it?
- Tagged as
- Attitudes & Emotions
- Life & Living
If you ’ re like most people, you ’ re absolutely disgusted of the complete miss of honesty that exists in the worldly concern today. Whether it ’ randomness companies using deceptive terminology on their products ( Blueberry Muffins, contain no blueberries ) or politicians being incapable of telling the whole accuracy of a position, today ’ second society is absolutely inundated with a world of people and companies trying to sell us a tune. And, honestly, it can get reasonably exhausting !
National Honesty Day exists to encourage people from every walk of life, and particularly those who are powerful and in commit, to try being honest with their constituents and customers .
so now is the fourth dimension to learn about and get fix to celebrate Honesty Day !
Reading: National Honesty Day
History of National Honesty Day
former press secretary M. Hirsh Goldberg of Maryland brought this day into universe back in the 1990 ’ sulfur. The idea for the day was developed as depart of the process of writing his reserve The Book of Lies : Fibs, Tales, Schemes, Scams, Fakes, and Frauds That Have Changed the Course of History and Affect Our Daily Lives .
The concept for the day was dim-witted : it ’ s a day to ask direct questions without ulterior motives and expect answers of occasionally beastly honesty. While these situations can create unmanageable relations between people sometimes, it ’ s the first tone on the road to absolutely healing relational wounds and creating unclutter communication that allows for proper agreement .
In fact, failing to be honest, whether with family, in relationships, in politics, or even in diachronic education has led to sol many misunderstandings that all of company can be affected by them .
When people speak with their friends and partners, they often choose to withhold certain words, not because they aren ’ metric ton true, but because they can ’ t go steady past the detriment they ’ ll induce to the boils they lance by no longer being held within .
While being honest on National Honesty Day, it is important to remember that being honest requires honesty with yourself first. once a person is able to accept their on-key feelings and motivations, they can distinctly speak with others, and do then with complete candor .
As the month of April begins with April Fools ’ Day, where tricks and dishonesty reign supreme, the end of the month brings the opportunity to redeem those white lies and enjoy National Honesty Day !
National Honesty Day Timeline
April Fool’s Day tradition begins
The antithesis of Honesty Day, April Fool ’ mho Day is the day to tell fibs and instantaneously lies to make ‘ fools ’ of other people. [ 1 ]
“Honest Abe” becomes US President
Abraham Lincoln is elected president of the united states and embraces this nickname that imbues a feel of trustworthiness. [ 2 ]
Watergate Scandal is uncovered
Richard Nixon is at the center of this ill-famed example of political putrescence, dishonesty and abuse of world power. [ 3 ]
First National Honesty Day takes place
Started by writer M. Hirsh Goldberg, this day is inspired by research for his script, The Book of Lies: Fibs, Tales, Schemes, Scams, Fakes and Frauds That Have Changed The Course of History and Affect Our Daily Lives. [ 4 ]
The Honest Company is founded
Created by Jessica Alba with her neonate daughter in mind, this company provides child products with natural alternatives to celluloid ingredients. [ 5 ]
How to Celebrate National Honesty Day
When coming up with ideas for how to observe and celebrate National Honesty Day, consider some of these tips to enjoy the day :
Listen to Songs About Honesty
This is a great prison term to create a playlist on Spotify or another platform that includes songs that will remind everyone that honesty is, indeed, the best policy ! Try out some of these songs to get started :
- Honesty by Billy Joel (1978). A classic, released as the third single from Billy Joel’s sixth studio album 52nd Street.
- Truth and Honesty by Aretha Franklin (1981). This one comes from the Queen of Soul, from her album Love All the Hurt Away.
- Gimme Some Truth by John Lennon (1971). This protest song was written and performed by John Lennon and originally released on the album Imagine.
- Policy of Truth by Depeche Mode (1990). This alternative rock song is from the popular English synth-pop, electronic music band.
Practice Being Honest
While celebrating National Honesty Day is pretty simple on the come on, it may be one of the hardest things a person can do in their animation. Honesty between self and others can be extremely difficult, as it requires baring parts of ourselves that may have been kept hidden behind carefully constructed half-truths and lies of omission .
possibly people are afraid that what they have to say will hurt those they love, and possibly even cost them their job if they speak out about the dishonesties that exist within their workplaces and families. It can be particularly difficult with those who have truths they have withheld, possibly in the interest of sparing another distress .
Learn More About the Benefits of Honesty
When practicing for National Honesty Day, take into retainer these benefits of being honest :
- Honesty is Healthy. Telling the truth, as opposed to a lie, can significantly improve a person’s mental and emotional health.
- Honesty Leads to Better Relationships. Honesty creates trust which means that people can rest and feel safe in relationships.
- Honesty is Simple. Instead of having to keep track of which lies were told to whom, incorporating honesty and truth is much easier to keep track of.
Watch Films About Honesty
In addition to telling the truth personally, National Honesty Day is the perfect time to watch some movies that feature the mind of honesty :
- Honesty Weekend (2020). To help their struggling marriage, a couple is prescribed a weekend of complete and utter honesty. This comedy is made complete when a group of their raucous friends join in.
- Lincoln (2012). This biographical historical drama is produced and directed by Stephen Spielberg, based on the life of US President Abraham Lincoln, portrayed by Daniel Day-Lewis.
- Jerry Maguire (1996). Featuring a character who is willing to say anything in order to sell anything, this film starring Tom Cruise and Renée Zellweger shows the benefits of truth and honesty.
- Nanny McPhee (2005). Emma Thompson’s take on the story of Nurse Matilda, this story features a snaggle-toothed nurse who gets less haggard and old-looking as the children learn to practice honesty and integrity.
National Honesty Day FAQs
What is National Honesty Day?
National Honesty Day is a time to encourage straightforward honesty and communication in politics, relationships, commercial commercialize and historical education. [ 1 ]
When is National Honesty Day?
National Honesty Day takes locate each class on April 30th. [ 2 ]
How to celebrate National Honesty Day?
Observing National Honesty Day is easy ! Simply focus on telling the truth with calculate and honest communication. [ 3 ]
Why is honesty important?
Whether in personal relationships or business, honesty is critical for build trust, avoiding problems, and even avoiding imposter and legal troubles. [ 4 ] National Honesty Day is the time to lift the burdens from those shoulders, and let the chips fall where they may as you contribution your truth !