Holidays and Observances
2022 Daily Holidays that fall on February 8, include:
- Boy Scout Anniversary Day
- Extraterrestrial Culture Day – February 8, 2022 – Second Tuesday in February)
- Extraterrestrial Visitor Day – February 8, 2022 (Second Tuesday in February)
- Laugh and Get Rich Day
- Molasses Bar Day
- National Kite Flying Day
- Opera Day
- Propose Day
- Safer Internet Day – February 8, 2022 (Second Tuesday in February)
2022 Weekly Holidays that include February 8, are:
- American Camp Week – February 8-11, 2022
- Boy Scout Anniversary Week – February 6-12, 2022 (First Full Week in February)
- Burn Awareness Week – February 6-12, 2022 (First Full Week in February)
- Children’s Authors & Illustrators Week – February 6-12, 2022 (First Full Week in February)
- Children’s Mental Health Week (U.K.) – February 7-13, 2022
- Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week – February 7-14
- Dump Your Significant Jerk Week – February 6-12, 2022 (Week Before Valentines Day)
- Getting Dizzy Week – February 8-14
- Have a Heart for Chained Dogs Week – February 7-14
- International Networking Week – February 7-11, 2022 (M-F of First Full Week of February)
- International Week of Black Women In the Arts – February 7-15
- Love a Mensch Week – February 7-14, 2022
- Love Makes the World Go Round, but Laughter Keeps Us From Getting Dizzy Week – February 8-14
- National Children’s Mental Health Week – February 6-12, 2022 and May 1-7, 2022 (First Full Week of February and May)
- National Crime Prevention Week – February 6-12, 2022 (First Full Week in February)
- National Green Week – February 6 – April 30, 2022 (Start First Full Week in February to April 30)
- National Marriage Week USA – February 7-14
- National School Counseling Week – February 6-10, 2022 (First Full Week in February)
- Pay Your Bills Week – February 6-12, 2022 (First Full Week in February)
- Pride in Food Services Week – February 7-11, 2022 (First Full Workweek of February)
- Publicity for Profit Week – February 2-8
- Risk Awareness Week – February 7-14
- Tinnitus Awareness Week – February 7-13, 2022
- Valentine’s Week – February 7-14
2022 Monthly Holidays that include February 8, are: There are besides many monthly holidays to include hera, so please check out our February Holidays foliate to see all of the holidays that are celebrated the integral calendar month of February. NOTE:
- A page on each holiday will be coming soon and linked above.
- If a date is a movable holiday, that is different every year, I’ll include the year as well as the date rule above. Otherwise, the holiday falls on the same date each year.
World Festivals and Events
- Harbin Ice and Snow Sculpture Festival – Starts annually on January 5, and typically runs for a month or more, in Harbin, China and is the largest ice and snow festival in the world! 2022 dates are January 5 – February 28, 2022. Some pre-events are starting on December 23, 2021
- Chinese New Year Festival and Parade – (San Francisco) – January 29 – March 6, 2022, Parade on February 19, 2022
- Winter Olympics XXIV – February 4-20, 2022 (Held in Beijing, China)
- Yukon Quest – Per their website, “In 2022, the Yukon Quest will be running 4 races, YQ300 (starts February 19th) & YQ100 (starts February 19th) in the Yukon, and the YQ550 (starts February 5th) and YQ200 (starts February 7th) in Alaska. The four races will run over 1,000 miles through 11 communities in Alaska and Yukon, following historic Northern travel routes”
- World AG Expo – February 8-10, 2022
The Astrological Sign for February 8 is an Aquarius.
Birth Flower of the Month
The Birth Flower(s) for the Month for February are:
- Violet – symbolizes faithfulness, loyalty, humility, wisdom, and hope
- Primrose – Modesty, distinction, and virtue
The Birthstone for February is Amethyst.
- 1921 – Lana Turner, American actress (d. 1995)
- 1925 – Jack Lemmon, American actor and film director (d. 2001)
- 1931 – James Dean, American actor (d. 1955)
- 1940 – Ted Koppel, American journalist
- 1941 – Nick Nolte, American actor (48 Hours, Rich Man Poor Man)
- 1948 – Dan Seals, American singer (England Dan and John Ford Coley) (d. 2009)
- 1955 – John Grisham, American writer (The Firm, The Client, The Pelican Brief, The Runaway Jury)
- 1963 – Joshua Kadison, American pianist and songwriter
- 1966 – Gary Coleman, American actor (Different Strokes)
- 1974 – Seth Green, American actor
- 1725 – Peter the Great (Pyotr Alexeyevich Romanov), Tsar of Russia from 1682-1725
- 1936 – Charles Curtis, 1st American-Indian Vice-President of the United States (b. 1860)
- 2007 – Anna Nicole Smith, American model, actress, and entertainer (b. 1967)
Famous Weddings and Divorces
- 1985 – Director Martin Scorsese marries producer Barbara De Fina
Quote of the Day
February 8th is Laugh and Get Rich Day! “ There is nothing in the earth sol overwhelmingly contagious as laugh and good humor. ” ~ Charles Dickens “ laughter is wine for the soul – laugh soft, or loudly and deep, tinged through with seriousness – the hilarious declaration made by man that life is deserving living. ” ~ Sean O’Casey
“ Always laugh when you can, it is brassy medicine. ” ~ Lord Byron
Recipe of the Day or a
Healthy Diet Habit Tip of the Day
The Holidays and Observances, Recipe of the Day for February 8, is a Spinach Salad, with Strawberries, and Chicken from a Rotisserie Chicken from Kerry, at Healthy Diet Habits. This is one of many recipes that you can promptly make from purchasing a Rotisserie Chicken.
This Day in History
- 1735 – 1st opera in US “Flora,” opens in Charleston, SC
- 1837 – Richard Johnson becomes the first Vice President of the United States chosen by the United States Senate.
- 1865 – Delaware voters reject the Thirteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, and vote to continue the practice of slavery (finally ratified on February 12, 1901.
- 1910 – The Boy Scouts of America is incorporated by William D. Boyce.
- 1918 – The Stars & Stripes, a weekly US armed forces newspaper is 1st published
- 1922 – President Warren G. Harding introduces the first radio in the White House.
- 1924 – Capital punishment: The first state execution in the United States by gas chamber takes place in Nevada.
- 1952 – Elizabeth II is proclaimed Queen of the United Kingdom
- 1960 – The first eight brass star plaques are installed in the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- 1969 – Last edition of Saturday Evening Post
- 1971 – The NASDAQ stock market index opens for the first time.
- 1978 – Proceedings of the United States Senate are broadcast on radio for the first time.
This Day in Music
- 1960 – Mark Dinning’s Teen Angel hits #1
- 1965 – Supremes release Stop In the Name of Love
- 1973 – Carly Simon’s You’re So Vain is certified gold
- 1975 – The Ohio Players’ “Fire” hits #1
- 1982 – Cher makes her Broadway debut in Come Back To The Five And Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean
- 2006 – David Bowie is awarded the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award.
- 2006 – The 48th annual Grammy Awards – Madonna opened the awards for a third time, U2 won 5 awards, and Mariah Carey won 3 awards
- 2009 – Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, Lil Wayne and Coldplay are the big winners at the 51st Annual Grammy Awards.
Joshua Kadison, an american pianist and songwriter was born on this day in 1963. I always liked his song, Jesse, shown above … beautiful piano act ! His song, Beautiful in My Eyes, is frequently played at weddings.
This Day in Sports
- 1948 – 5th Winter Olympic games close at St Moritz, Switzerland
- 1981 – US female Figure Skating championship won by Elaine Zayak
- 1981 – US male Figure Skating championship won by Scott Hamilton
- 1983 – Wayne Gretzky sets NHL all star record of 4 goals in 1 period
- 1984 – 14th Winter Olympic games opens in Sarajevo, Yugoslavia
- 1986 – US male Figure Skating championship won by Brian Boitano
- 1992 – 16th Winter Olympic games opens in Albertville, France
- 1998 – 1st female ice hockey game in Olympic history Finland beats Sweden 6-0
- 2002 – XIX Winter Olympics opens in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Word of the Day from Wiktionary
1. A mountain top or rocky element of a ridge that is surrounded by glacial ice but is not covered by ice; a peak protruding from the surface ice sheet.
Wishing You a Great Day Today!
Solo Build It, or SBI, is the amazing E-Business software that we are using for this site !